(A) Define topics that you want your business to be known for, then find long-tail keywords within that topic area.
(B) Perform a competitor analysis to see what keywords your competitors are ranking for.
(C) Identify keywords that have the highest amount of search volume, then create as much content as you can on them.
(D) A & B
This question is from the HubSpot SEO Certification Exam. You can get all the answers to the questions asked in this exam on our HubSpot SEO Certification Exam Answers page.
- Fill in the blank: When performing a social media content audit, begin by looking at all of the content you’ve posted in the last _________.
- Choose all that apply. How do you determine the authority of a piece of content?
- If you have a keyword set to broad match, but you want to select specific keywords that must be included in the search query for your ad to be displayed, what would you use?
- True or False? You should emulate the top-ranking content for your target keyword, but offer unique value.
- You’re trying to rank for one of your target topics using a web page that contains a long, canonical piece of written content. However, when you do your research on what’s already ranking for that topic by searching for it on Google, you notice that the majority of search results on page one are videos. Which of the following actions will give your website the best chance of ranking for this topic?
- True or false? A content offer is something you create and publish in exchange for personal information, like an email address and a name.
- True or false? A benefit of organic content promotion is the ability to develop and deliver highly targeted content to consumers who will find the content most relevant.
- Fill in the blank: A keyword set to _____ match type will display your ad if the search term includes that keyword, or a very close variation.
- Fill in the blank: A keyword set to ______ match type will display your ad when the search term contains any or some combination or variations of the words in your keyword, in any order.
- Scenario: Kyle is in a new role and looking to upskill, so he goes to Google to do some research. He finds a search engine listing that piques his interest and clicks it. He’s taken to a blog post on your site. He reads the post and sees there’s a content offer. He’s interested, but not sure he’s ready to give his information for it just yet. Below the offer, he sees a chatbot asking if he needs help so he clicks it to start a conversation. Which stage of the inbound methodology is Kyle in?
- YouTube is a great source for curating interesting content for your audience. Hootsuite helps with its YouTube ____________. This lets you discover new videos based on keywords or dates.
- True or false? If you want to produce great content, then you need to hire an in-house content creator.
- Which of these is a strategy to determine the internal linking structure of a website?
- The different types of keywords are:
- Chris is a marketing manager at The Pet Box, which offers subscription boxes for pet owners. Chris wants to increase traffic to The Pet Box’s main product page. Right now that page ranks on the second page of search results for their target keyword. Chris has started improving the on-page SEO of the page, optimizing it for their target keyword, and seeking backlinks from popular pet care blogs. In order to track progress towards their goal, which metrics should Chris track?
- Why would you want to run competitive analyses of keywords?
- True or False? You should optimize a single page for multiple keywords.
- What is the difference between a brand keyword and a non-brand keyword?
- Which of these is an example of a long-tail keyword?
- Having an understanding of what you’re trying to achieve is the most important part of creating high-performing emails. What theme does this correlate to?
- What is one benefit of running search ads for brand keywords?
- What symbol would you use to add a negative keyword?
- Why is having duplicate content an issue for SEO?
- Which of the following represents an exact match keyword?
- Which of the following represents a phrase match keyword?
- Which of the following represents a broad match keyword?
- What kind of content is most likely to be organically linked to?
- Google measures how interesting other people think your content is through ___.
- Scenario: A phrase-match keyword for one of your ads is “traveling in Boston.” Which of the following search queries would generate this ad? Choose all that apply.
- Scenario: An exact-match keyword for one of your ads is “blue women’s t-shirts.” Which of the following search queries would generate this ad? Choose all that apply.
- What will determine the percentage referral fee that you will be charged by Amazon when your product sells?
- Fill in the blank: A keyword set to _____ match type will display your ad if the search term contains the same order of the words, but it can also contain additional words.
- All of the following are attributes of a content creation workflow EXCEPT:
- Which network has the longest life for a piece of content?
- On which social network should you share content most frequently?
- Zoe is a digital marketer at a graphic design agency, and she’s been tasked this quarter with improving the firm’s SEO. However, the only guidance she has received from her boss is to get the site to rank higher on Google. In order for Zoe to create a successful SEO strategy for the business, what should her first step be?
- When is the most effective time to boost content on social media?
- Fill in the blank: When creating a headline for your content, you should come up with ___________ different headlines.
- Fill in the blank: When planning the timing of content in a calendar, _______.
- Fill in the blank: To keep your content calendar agile, it shouldn’t extend more than ___________.