Samsung Galaxy users might have noticed “used com.samsung.android.da.daagent” activity in the Google My Activity app. Users don’t know what app does this package represent and what is its function.
com.samsung.android.da.daagent is the package file of the Dual Messenger app on Samsung Galaxy devices that allows you to create two accounts in Internet Messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger from a single device.
This article will explain more on com.samsung.android.da.daagent, what is it used for, and how to uninstall it.
- 1 What is com.samsung.android.da.daagent Used For?
- 2 com.samsung.android.da.daagent has stopped?
- 3 How to Fix com.samsung.android.da.daagent Has Stopped Error?
- 4 Can You Uninstall com.samsung.android.da.daagent?
- 5 Is com.samsung.android.da.daagent(DAAgent) Safe?
- 6 What Permissions Does com.samsung.android.da.daagent(DAAgent) Require?
What is com.samsung.android.da.daagent Used For?
com.samsung.android.da.daagent or Dual Messenger allows you to use two different accounts within one Messaging app. You can create separate accounts for work and personal use by installing another version of the app with a different account on your phone.
When you enable Dual Messenger, you can send and receive messages to/from one of the two active Dual Messenger accounts without interference or any other issues.
Dual Messenger can be activated on select devices and it will work with only selected social media Messaging apps. The most common apps that allow Dual Messenger is WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, etc. Dual Messenger is available in Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, S21+, S21, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Note10, Note10+, S10e, S10, S10+, Fold, Note9, S9, S9+, Note8, S8, S8+, S7, and S7 edge.
To create two accounts using the Dual Messenger app, use the following steps:
- Long press the Messaging app icon where you want to create two accounts.
- A menu will pop up where you have to tap “Install second app.” This will install the same Messaging app again.
- The second Messaging app will a have Dual Messenger logo on it. You can open this app to create another account separate from your original account.
Another method to set up Dual Messenger is:
- Go to Settings > Advanced Features then scroll down and tap Dual Messenger.
- A list of Dual Messenger compatible apps will be shown. Tap on the toggle switch next to the app on which you want to create a second account.
- Tap “Install” then tap “Confirm” and then the second app will be installed.
com.samsung.android.da.daagent has stopped?
In some instances, the com.samsung.android.da.daagent package stops working suddenly and an error message pops up that reads “Unfortunately com.samsung.android.da.daagent has stopped“.
Here are the reasons why this app might stop working:
1. Corrupted or Overloaded Cache Files – If the app cache isn’t cleared for a long time the cache files become corrupted. The cache file storage folder can store a limited number of files so when the size of the cache files becomes more than what could be stored, the cache files become overloaded which leads to these error messages.
2. App Issue – These error messages could also occur if there is an internal app issue with the Dual Messenger app.
3. Firmware issue – The app could also stop working if there are you’re using outdated Firmware or there are issues with your device’s Firmware. It may also happen if you’re using Custom Firmware instead of the Stock Firmware.
How to Fix com.samsung.android.da.daagent Has Stopped Error?
You can fix the “com.samsung.android.da.daagent” has stopped issue by using the following methods:
(1) Clear DAAgent App Cache and Force Stop App
To clear the “com.samsung.android.da.daagent” app cache and force stop the app follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap three vertical dots icon(More options) in the upper right corner.
- Tap Show system apps.
- Tap DAAgent.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache
- Tap Clear Data.
- Tap the back button and then tap Force Stop.
(2) Factory Reset Your Samsung Device
A Factory Reset erases all the data from your phone and restores your phone to its original state. It can fix the annoying error messages popping up.
Before factory resetting your device, you should backup your data on Samsung Cloud or Google Drive. Once the backup is complete, follow the steps below to Factory Reset your Samsung Android device.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset and you may need to enter your PIN or password.
- Tap Delete all and your phone will be reset.
(3) Flash Stock ROM(Firmware)
Flashing the Stock ROM(Firmware) reinstalls the system software on your device which can get rid of the app has stopped error messages.
You can flash the Stock Firmware using these two steps:
- Download the Stock Firmware files for your Samsung Android device from a Firmware file downloading website.
- Flash the downloaded Firmware files using a Firmware Flashing tool.
Samsung users can flash Stock ROM using the Samsung Odin flashing tool. Once the stock Firmware is flashed your phone will have the old firmware installed and this will surely get rid of the error messages.
(4) Diable com.samsung.android.da.daagent using Package Disabler
Package Disabler Pro is a package disabler app that can disable built-in system apps which cannot be disabled normally. To use this app you’ll have to root your device and once the device is rooted, follow these steps to disable this app.
- Download and Install the Package Disabler Pro app on your Android device.
- Search for “com.samsung.android.da.daagent” using the Search button in the top bar.
- Select this package and tap Disable.
- Confirm your decision by selecting “Yes.”
Can You Uninstall com.samsung.android.da.daagent?
You can uninstall com.samsung.android.da.daagent using Android Debug Bridge(ADB), System App Remover, and Root Explorer application.
If you don’t need to create two accounts in Messaging apps then this application is not required for your device. You should disable or uninstall this app without any worries because it is safe to uninstall and won’t cause any issues with Messaging or other apps.
Follow the methods below to uninstall this app package.
1. Uninstall Using Android Debug Bridge(ADB)
ADB allows you to bring up a Unix shell so you can issue commands directly on the Android device. You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
Step 1 – Go to Settings > System > About phone.
Step 2 – Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
Step 3 – Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
Step 4 – Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
Step 5 – Download ADB on your PC.
Step 6 – Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
Step 7 – After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
Step 8 – Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
Step 9 – Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
Step 10 – Enter the command adb devices
Step 11 – Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable.
Step 12 – Run the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.da.daagent and wait for a few seconds till you notice the app has been uninstalled from your device.
2. Uninstall Using System App Remover
This method requires you to gain root access to your device. If you don’t know how to root your Android device then check our Android Rooting guide. After gaining root access follow the steps below to uninstall this system app.
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application, search for com.samsung.android.da.daagent app or DAAgent and select this app by tapping on it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
3. Uninstall Using Root Explorer
- Root your Android smartphone using the Rooting guide mentioned above.
- Download and Install the Root Explorer app.
- Open the app and browse to /system/app/DAAgent/DAAgent.apk.
- Delete the DAAgent APK file.
- Reboot your device.
Is com.samsung.android.da.daagent(DAAgent) Safe?
Yes, com.samsung.android.da.daagent(DAAgent) is a safe application and not a virus or malware that causes damage to your device.
A few users are worried that this app spies on the chats and data of Dual Messenger accounts but that’s false information. It is not Spyware.
Some users feel that Dual Messenger is used for cheating and this could be true. A person can create another account on Facebook, Messenger, or Whatsapp using the Dual Messenger app for cheating their partner but their partner can figure this out by accessing the second account because it will be marked with a dual messenger logo.
What Permissions Does com.samsung.android.da.daagent(DAAgent) Require?
Dual Messenger or com.samsung.android.da.daagent requires the following permissions:
(1) Photos / Media / Files
- read the contents of your USB storage
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- read the contents of your USB storage
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- take pictures and videos
- record audio
(5) Wi-Fi connection information
- view Wi-Fi connections
- view network connections
- full network access
- change your audio settings
- prevent device from sleeping